Review of Dark Kiss

"
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Title & Author:
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen
Publisher:
HarlequinTeen
Publication Date:
May 29, 2012
Pages:
348
Source:
NetGalley I don’t do dangerous. Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that’s me. But I just couldn’t pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me…something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It’s like part of me is missing-and I don’t know if I can get it back. Then there’s Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he’s keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he’s what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me…. NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising… – Goodreads
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen is dark with an interesting and pretty unique storyline, but ultimately not a book that screams me, you know?
As far as angel books go, I definitely thought Dark Kiss was very unique. I liked the paranormal elements introduced in Dark Kiss, such as Greys and this balance between heaven and hell, and etc. I can’t go too much into it without spoiling it, but I was definitely curious to see how it all ended up.
I really liked Bishop, as a love interest and as a character, and one of the demons in Dark Kiss, Kraven. They were both very different and interesting with backstories that slowly start to come out throughout Dark Kiss. I liked Sam and her loyalty to her friends, but she did get on my nerves at some points. And some of the times, her reactions were very smart – she ran screaming from Bishop in the beginning after she witnessed something he did. But then other times she believed things too easily – my feelings were just so mixed on her.
But I loved the dynamic in Dark Kiss between the three of them – anytime Sam and Kraven were talking to each other, I was bound to giggle a little, and the relationship between Bishop and Sam was fairly slow building, with some added pushes from the hunger (which I can’t really explain without being spoilery).
But despite the original plot, Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen just didn’t really grab me. I’m just not a big paranormal person, I guess. I liked Dark Kiss okay, but it’s not something I’d read again.
However, if you are a paranormal person or you’re looking to find a more unique angel book, I do recommend checking out Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment